*Si usted desea ver esta información en español, por favor haga clic en el traductor de google en la barra de la derecha.*
The Transportation Equity Alliance of Marin (TEAM) is a member of regional and national transportation equity advocacy networks, including the Transportation Equity Network (TEN) and the Transportation Justice Working Group (TJWG).
We are organizing to demand that transportation policy be guided by the following principles (shared by TJWG members):
1. Accessibility Transit systems must support the critical, day-today travel needs of the “transit dependent” – people without reliable access to a car. Transit routes must be reliable and well coordinated to allow for trips to school, work, shopping, recreation and medical care.
2. Affordability Fares should not exceed what families can reasonably pay. Low-income people should not have to spend staggering portions of their income on transportation.
3. Health and Quality of Life Vehicles must be clean running to prevent toxics from polluting our environment and poisoning our bodies. The space around our transit hubs and stations should be designed to protect riders.
4. Public Participation Community members must have a meaningful voice in decision making about how services can be improved and how dollars are spent.
5. Accountability Transportation planning and funding should reflect community priorities. Transportation, land use and air quality agencies in the Bay Area should collaborate with one another to achieve workable solutions that advance equity.
6. Fairness Low-income riders must receive an equal benefit from public transit dollars as higher-income riders do. Subsidies should be targeted to those who are least able to pay.
UPCOMING TRANSPORTATION-RELATED EVENTS
* Transportation Authority of Marin - Monthly Board Meetings *
For more information, visit their website
* Marin Transit - Monthly Board Meetings *
For information, visit their website
* TEAM 2013 Quarterly Meetings *
Thursdays, from 12 to 2 pm - July 25 and October 24
For more information on how to join TEAM and/or to get regular updates on ways to be involved in transportation advocacy efforts please contact us at (415) 491-4366 × 303 or E-Mail. You can also join our group on Facebook.